Reaching out to Local Communities
Each of the annual Outreach Ministries are held at different times of the year and are geared to reach a different segment of our community. If you have been part of one of these ministries before then you know the how they can change you life, if not then we hope to see you at our next event. At Tom’s Creek we believe that God has specifically gifted Christians with an ability to serve Him. These abilities may range from cooking a turkey to playing basketball, but regardless everyone has a place to use their gifts and abilities to reach the world for Christ.
- Wild Game Supper
- Every spring Tom’s Creek hosts a wild game supper. We invite any and all men to come and feast upon wild game ranging from deer and chicken to alligator and opossum. There are also numerous door prizes that are donated to be won. After each man has feasted upon the wild game, a speaker comes in to present the Gospel.
- Judgment House
- Every fall Tom’s Creek puts on a drama called Judgment House. In this drama the audience is encouraged to walk through several different scenes following the main characters. The audience is given a clear presentation of the Gospel as these actors are given the chance to receive or reject Christ. The drama goes on to show the Judgment scene, and Heaven or Hell, the actors’ reward for their decision. At the end of the drama, the audience is given the chance themselves to accept or reject Christ.
- Upward Basketball and Cheerleading
- During the winter months we offer Upward basketball and Cheerleading. We believe that every child deserves a fair chance not only to play basketball, but also to hear the Gospel. The coaches are trained to share the Gospel with their teams and also encouraged to disciple them throughout the season. During the games there is a half-time testimony.
- GROW stands for God Rewards Our Work. We believe that when we do the work that God has called us to do he rewards us for our obedience. When we meet for GROW we send out visitation teams to all groups of people. There are some people that stay in the office and make phone calls to encourage, invite, and inspire. We also have people who stay in the office and write letters, to encourage, invite, and inspire. In all that we do we do it because we know God has called us to and when you sow you reap.